Making Sure Your Rights Our Protected - 2015 Consumer Rights Act
Coastdale Parks - Consumer Rights Act 2015
To all our valued customers at Atlantic Coast, Garreg Goch, Pakefield and Whitby Holiday Park. We have been reviewing our Consumer Rights and in the following case the deposits for holidays taken with any parks under Coastdale Parks. The below will outline what you should expect from us, as a holiday accommodation provider, and how we have adapted the terms & conditions to fit in with the 2015 Consumer Rights Act.
1. You will be sent an agreement as confirmation of our contract with you. A copy will be forwarded to you if requested.
2. If you cancel a booking prior to your holiday please call quickly so that we can re-allocate the caravan/pitch. On the same day send us your confirmation/invoice by recorded delivery. Your cancellation is only effective from the date we receive written notification, which will be acknowledged.
3. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee in respect of canceled bookings (whether before, on or within the 8 weeks prior to arrival), you are entitled to your deposit back however we may deciced to retain some of the deposit which is sufficient to cover any administration, marketing or promotional charges incurred in re-letting the caravan/pitch. If you have paid the balance of the total cost of booking prior time you will be refunded the cost of the holiday . In the event that you cancel your booking and this is canceled before the start of the 8 week period you will not be required to pay the balance.
What we do to help you if you cancel?
: A : We can move your holiday to another date which may suit you better
: B : If we can rebook your holiday with minimum effort then no charge would apply i.e. In a busy time of year (Summer Holidays) we might have customers we can call to fill the caravan/pitch
: C : 7 working day 'cooling off' period, where if you change your mind you are entitled to a refund. Further to the Distance Selling Regulations regarding the 7-day cooling off period.
4. The total booking cost is the total price payable for the caravan or pitch inclusive of VAT, the deposit amount and any optional extras. The total cost, less any deposit paid shall be payable by you in pounds sterling on or before the Arrival Date. We retain the right to correct any errors in advertisements which impact on the total booking cost and which is drawn to your attention at the time of sending your deposit to us.
5. We suggest that you obtain sufficient levels of insurance cover for the cancellation of your holiday, damage to third party property, personal injury and loss of contents. Normanhurst Enterprises Ltd carries public liability cover for personal injury, public liability and third party insurances only. All vehicles brought onto the park must be taxed, insured with a current road fund licence. The speed limit is 5 MPH.
6. We may terminate this Agreement if you fail to pay the total booking charge and any other sums due under the Agreement in full accordance with these terms and conditions or; if you commit a breach of any of these terms and conditions or; if you are in breach of the Site Rules and fail to remedy the breach to the satisfaction of the Managers.
7. We do not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
8. Subject to paragraph 7, we will not be liable to you for any losses that were not reasonably foreseeable to both parties when the Agreement was formed; or losses that were not caused by any breach of these terms and conditions on our part except caused by our own negligence; or business losses.
9. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights nor are they intended to confer any benefit to a third party under the Provision of Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) 1999. These terms and conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the relevant U.K. law.
10. Coastdale Parks has a full description and more in-depth overview of the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 and how this may effect your deposit if you do wish to cancel your booking. For more information please visit: coastdaleparks.co.uk/Consumer-Rights.html
11. Bookings commence at the Arrival & Departure Date and times indicated on your booking form. If you fail to collect the keys by 8 pm (unless otherwise agreed), we may arrange for the caravan to be re-let – and this may decrease the deposit returned to you.
12. The number of persons including children must be clearly stated on the booking form and must not exceed the number of berths available. The required deposit is stated in this Agreement and shall be paid to us before this Agreement is completed. The keys shall not pass to you until we have received the total booking charge.
13. Check that the caravan and its facilities are satisfactory for your purposes before entering this Agreement. All vans are fully equipped. If we fail to supply accommodation to you because of a failure on our part under this Agreement then we will refund the cost of your holiday.
14. Please note that all accommodation is strictly non smoking.
15. You agree to comply by the standard set out in the Park Rules (a copy of the full version is available from the Park Office).
16. Bookings commence at the Arrival & Departure Date and times indicated on your booking form. If you fail to check – in by 8 pm (unless otherwise agreed), we may arrange for the Pitch to be re-let – and this may decrease the deposit returned to you. You shall not be allowed onto the Pitch until we have received the total booking charge.
17. Check that the pitch and its facilities are satisfactory before entering this Agreement. You agree to bring on no more than one unit and vehicle and you are solely responsible for securing them properly and removing them thereafter. To prevent the spread of fire, please ensure that there is a clear distance of at least 3 metres between your awning and the next caravan. Do not store flammable liquids, within your awning.
18. We reserve the right to inspect any unit prior to it being moved onto a Pitch. Should it fail to achieve the required standards, you will not be permitted to start your holiday. You may request that an alternative unit be used for the duration of the booking, subject to a reasonable adjustment in the booking cost.
19. If we fail to supply a pitch to you because of a failure on our part to carry out our obligations then we will offer you a full refund of the cost of your holiday. Refunds are not given for factors beyond our control e.g. bad weather.
20. Hook-ups: the park does not accept any responsibility for any accident or damage arising from the use of unsuitable electrical equipment by you and portable generators are not allowed.
21. You agree to comply by the standards set out in the Park Rules (a copy of the full version is available from the Park Office).
For more information on your Consumer Rights, please e-mail: email@example.com